Alright, I have gone temporarily mad. The AmorePacific store on Gmarket had a sale right after I discovered the Hanyul line was revamped. The old Hanyul products were on 20 to 40% sale. Mamonde was 30% off. Plus from the other side of Pacific, iHerb was on 10% off. Of course I had to make use of the chance to try some new products!
It doesn’t help that work is getting so much more stressful at this time of the year. A little retail therapy is due.
- Real Techniques Stippling Brush & Powder Brush — I have been using the Ecotools Bamboo Foundation Brush for my BB creams, but finally gave in to my curiosity and bought brushes from Real Techniques. They are so wonderfully dense and soft.
- Hanyul Rich Effect Cream Foundation SPF25 PA++ — This is my first official foundation after dabbling here and there with BB creams and tinted moisturizers. Like all Hanyul make up, it veers on the edge of being too yellow and has poor range of colors.
- Hanyul Rich Effect Twin Pact SPF28 PA+++
- Skinfood Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder — Based on reviews, this seems to be quite comparable to the Jurlique Rose Silk Finish Powder, which I’m running out of.
- Nature Republic Shine Blossom Blusher
- Mamonde Shimmer Skin Primer
- Mamonde Real Skin Founder SPF33 PA++ — “Founder?” I honestly thought it was a case of bad English until I noticed it is described as a “foundation+powder” combo. Interesting.
- Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque
- Mamonde Natural Peeling Gel — I’m running out of the Cure Natural Aqua Gel, and it’s really expensive. Mamonde is a lot more affordable, but I’m not sure if it is as good.
- Hanyul Optimizing Serum — Repurchased the 120 ml jumbo-sized version. To be honest, I think I’d feel much more excited to repurchase the Rich Effect Revitalizing Cream (read review) than this one, but I do have too many moisturizers to use up and no back ups for serums.
- Mamonde Age Control Power Serum — Just to try out something from the Mamonde skincare range.
- Hanyul Rich Effect Whitening Powder Serum — Another repurchase. I wasn’t even entirely why I like it so much even though I don’t see visible results.
- Hanyul Ga-eum Whitening Cream (한율 가음미백 크림) — If I’m not wrong, this is part of a Hanyul line only available via television shopping. It’s quite interesting that there are shopping channels on TV, and apparently also door-to-door sales in Korea still.
- Mamonde Daily Moisture Sun Cream SPF35 PA++
- Kiss My Face Face Factor Sunscreen SPF 30
- Verite Ice UV Sun Shot SPF 30 PA++ — This is a gift with purchase, seeing that I bought so much from the AmorePacific store. It’s one of those spray-and-go sunscreens that reduces the hassle of rubbing the product in.
At this point I’m more excited to try products from Mamonde than anything else. With Hanyul I already know what to expect, but Mamonde is totally new to me. By the way, the new Hanyul lines are now available on AmorePacific store on Gmarket. GOGET’EM!